Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for 78 yards and score
PHILADELPHIA -- Jeremy Maclin gets a second chance to play in Chip Kellys offence. Maclin and the Philadelphia Eagles agreed on a one-year contract, preventing the wide receiver from becoming a free agent next month. Maclin missed the entire 2013 season after tearing his right ACL in training camp. "Im excited to play in Chips offence, Im excited to be able to help this team get to the next level," Maclin said after the deal was announced Friday. "This is a place I can showcase my skills. Im comfortable with my teammates and this is the right spot for me." Maclin said the team offered him a five-year contract, but the two sides couldnt agree on terms. "This is the place I wanted to be," he said. "This is where I was most interested in what was going on. By them offering me a long-term deal, that made me comfortable that I was in their long-term plans." The former first-round pick led the team with 69 receptions for 857 yards and seven touchdowns in 2012. Hes one of eight receivers to in NFL history to have at least 55 catches and 750 yards in each of his first four seasons in the league. "Im excited to see Jeremy play in our offence," Kelly said. "You saw the potential of that in the spring and summer but obviously he didnt get an opportunity last year. However, what was great to see was how he was literally here every single day since being injured. You can see he has a passion for the game of football. When he was on the field last spring and summer, you saw his intelligence, you saw his great route-running ability and you saw how tough of a one-on-one match-up he could be." The NFC East champion Eagles had a busy week before signing Maclin on Friday. They gave new deals to wide receiver Riley Cooper and centre Jason Kelce on Thursday and extended All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters contract Wednesday. "Jeremy is an ideal player for our scheme with his combination of size, speed, strength and route-running ability, in addition to his dynamic playmaking talent," general manager Howie Roseman said. "Were happy to see him rehabbing well and to get him under contract for the 2014 season." Tyreek Hill Jersey . Steve has built a solid reputation throughout the years - first as a hockey player, then as an NHL general manager and now as a scout. Darrel Williams Jersey . This is an exercise I have undertaken a few times, starting in 2009, and hope that Ive refined my approach a little bit in that time to help paint a better picture. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-...te-Jersey/ . Goergl, the 2011 world champion, started 28th after the other top contenders had already gone down but had the fastest time at each interval. Goergl finished the demanding 3-kilometre Kaelberloch course in 1 minute, 47. Chad Henne Jersey .com) - Robert Upshaw made a putback jumper to put 17th-ranked Washington ahead with 1:27 remaining in the game and the Huskies held on to beat Eastern Washington 81-77 on Sunday. Demarcus Robinson Jersey . 1 Pete Sampras. Speaking ahead of an exhibition match against Andre Agassi in London on March 3, Sampras said on a conference call Wednesday that he is impressed by Federers longevity.If you have not seen the backward-falling, fingers-extended, one-handed grab made by New York Giants rookie Odell Beckham Jr., do yourself a favour and go search for the video on the web.NBC announcer Al Michaels called it one of the most incredible catches ever seen — by anybody, anywhere, at any level of football.And thats not hyperbole.While being interfered with by a Cowboys defensive back, Beckham jumped at about the 3-yard line, stretched his right arm back overhead to collect the football as it soared past and, using his left hand to brace himself as he landed in the end zone, completed the unforgettable catch for a 43-yard TD in New Yorks 31-28 loss to Dallas.Unbelievable, Giants quarterback Eli Manning said. Pretty spectacular.While Beckham said he hopes to produce more such plays over the course of his NFL career, it seems safe to say this one will earn a permanent spot in the highlight reel.Truth is, Beckham works on his one-handed catching frequently — all the time in practice, Giants coach Tom Coughlin said.I guess, Beckham said, Ive got to thank my mom for the long fingers.In case you missed it, here are the other top topics after the NFL seasons 12th SundayTongueATRIOTS STREAK: A week after riding Jonas Grays 201-yard, four-touchdown rushing performance to their sixth consecutive victory, the Patriots stretched that streak to seven games despite benching Gray. A couple of days after being sent away from practice for showing up late, he did not play at all in New Englands 34-9 defeat of Detroit. Shrug. Coach Bill Belichick simply plugs in guys and wins, going with LeGarrette Blount, who was signed last week after getting cut by Pittsburgh. All Blount did was run for 78 yards and score a pair of TDs for the Patriots, who are 9-2 and atop the AFC heading into next Sundays showdown — expect to hear the words Super Bowl preview — at Green Bay, which is 8-3.ddddddddddddALL ABOUT THAT ACTION: So after being docked $100,000 by the league for leaving the locker room last week without speaking to reporters, Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did stay around after Seattle beat Arizona 19-3, but mostly stuck to one-word answers. More importantly, the reigning Super Bowl champs (7-4) stayed in the playoff race by defeating the NFC West-leading Cardinals (9-2); backup QB Drew Stanton was only 14 of 26 for 149 yards and an interception.GORDONS RETURN: Browns receiver Josh Gordon was good as ever as he returned from his 10-game suspension — originally a full-year ban — for failing a test for marijuana. Gordon led the league in receiving last season with 1,646 yards in only 14 games and he picked up right where he left off. He caught eight passes for 120 yards, including a 24-yarder on the game-winning drive, helping the Browns improve to 7-4 by edging Atlanta 26-24.QUESTIONING SMITH: Falcons coach Mike Smith opened himself up to second-guessing yet again with his late-game decision-making against the Browns. Right before his team kicked a last-minute field goal, Smith called a timeout while facing third-and-2 — saving some precious seconds for Clevelands eventual go-ahead drive — and then threw a deep incompletion — saving some more seconds for Cleveland.___Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich___Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '