The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
How fucking hard is it to "play along"? Seriously. You are talking about major snowflakiness. Anyone who actually gets in real trouble over this has to be a total PoS.
All I see is "you are ignoring content by this member" when he posts, this is what keeps my sanity in tact on this site. I'm sure whatever shit he's spewing deserves this response though. :ROFLMAO:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard the real reason Russia and China would want Trump back in power. Economic and military concerns have little to do with it. They want to be able to go to their people and point out what a disaster the US and democracy is because it put such a moronic embarrassment back in power. Can’t say I would entirely disagree with that assessment.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
All I see is "you are ignoring content by this member" when he posts

I tried using that on TOP, but it made reading some threads just too difficult. There were people making comments that made no sense to me because the ignored poster was totally invisible to me and there was no way for me to see what the responses pertained to without taking the other poster off ignore. It would be so much nicer if ignore collapsed offending posts but gave you a little arrow widget (e.g., like in hierarchical file view) so that you could at least see that the text you were looking at was a response, and maybe be able to expand the BS post. HF does make posts in other areas that are not so irritating, and at least he is not a FivePoint or tshrimp.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How fucking hard is it to "play along"? Seriously. You are talking about major snowflakiness. Anyone who actually gets in real trouble over this has to be a total PoS.

Because the question was:

Again, even as a hate filled Republican, how does the way one address themselves impact you?

This question implies that how someone else addresses themselves does not impact others in any way. That is simply not true.

Can you expand on this? I’m lost.

There are plenty of stories that Google will find of people being fired for not using someone's preferred pronouns. And from non-RW sources) And an arrest or two.

The problem is, the people on your team whining about being forced to "play along" also want to ban books, force kids to pray in school and who knows what else.

Perhaps all this wokeness is a side effect of religion in America. You get rid of religion and a lot of this stuff would clear up on its own pretty quick.

I certainly don't want kids to have to pray in school and these so called books that were banned have not been banned. They have simply been removed from some school libraries. They can still be purchased online and many public libraries still have them. And these books in question are so bad the admin of this page doesn't want screen shots posted here (this is not a knock on him, they are pretty graphic). And people have been arrested or removed for reading from them at school board meetings. And a news outlet had to cut away from pics from these books because they were too graphic. So can't show them on the news, but a middle schooler can get them from the school library.

I have a right-wing friend in CA who plays along with it but isn’t exactly happy about it. I think more times than not, individuals may or may not experience having to play along IRL on a limited basis, but they go online and see extreme cases and then fold that into their own experience in their head. This may also cause them to overexaggerate their response in their personal situation. “I saw something similar to this online happening all over the place and now it’s happening to me! I must respond on behalf of all those other situations!”

To be fair, the left isn’t exactly immune from this thought process either when it comes to their perceptions. “Trump supporter” causes a jump to all kinds of conclusions on a mountain of issues where just playing along is a near impossibility.

Definitely. What gets me is when someone posts "that didn't happen" or "that never happens". Then I post a link to it happening they get all pissed off at me. Why? You (not You CTM) said it never happened, so why get mad at me when I showed that it does.

Back to the book bans. When I posted that screenshot from one of the books removed from FL school libraries, the initial reaction was that those books are not in schools. Then I showed they were and the poster's attitude changed quite a bit and even agreed that it was extreme and probably shouldn't be in a middle school library.

I tried using that on TOP, but it made reading some threads just too difficult. There were people making comments that made no sense to me because the ignored poster was totally invisible to me and there was no way for me to see what the responses pertained to without taking the other poster off ignore. It would be so much nicer if ignore collapsed offending posts but gave you a little arrow widget (e.g., like in hierarchical file view) so that you could at least see that the text you were looking at was a response, and maybe be able to expand the BS post. HF does make posts in other areas that are not so irritating, and at least he is not a FivePoint or tshrimp.

Maybe I could use a spoiler tag in all my posts in the political threads. ;)

Top Bottom
1 2